First Year Students Summer Registration Information
Registration for incoming students (who deposited by June 1st) will take place at noon CST on Thursday, July 9, 2020 online through Self Service.
- DO NOT log in more than 30 minutes prior to your scheduled registration time or you risk getting the account locked error message.
If you do encounter the system error that tells you to contact an Administrator you should:
- Close the whole browser (not just the tab, but the entire browser), or try a new browser.
- Try opening the browser again or try logging in again from a new browser.
- If you still aren’t able to get logged in, and are getting an error message when logging in to self-service, contact the registrar’s office (see below).
If you have questions during registration, don't hesitate to ask for help.
- Call or email your admission counselor.
- Call the Registrar's office at 319.895.4372 or email email@example.com
- Call or email Brooke Paulsen, Coordinator of Academic Support & Advising, 319-343-7173.
Registration Instructions & other Helpful Explanations
- How to use Self Service to Register
- How to view your unofficial transcript & explanation of credits
- How to put yourself on a Waitlist for a course
- The Ingenuity Core Curriculum requirements explained
- Understanding the foreign language requirement (first year students starting in Fall 2020 or later).
Registration worksheet & course planning
- Registration worksheet
- Degree Checklists (general education requirements)
- Essential Abilities Approved Courses
- Majors/Minors checklists (for detailed major/minor requirements)
- 2020-2021 courses listed in Section Search in Self-Service
- Tentative 2021-2022 course schedule
Course changes (add/drop) and Waitlists
- You may not drop a course during this registration period unless you add a course by mistake (email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need us to remove a course for you).
- The waitlist function in Self Service will turn on at NOON on July 15th on a first come, first served basis. Log in to self service, search for the course and click the Wait button.
- Once you are on a waitlist you will need to check your Cornell email daily. The system automatically sends you an email when a seat opens up and you need to log in to Self Service within 48 hours to claim that seat.