Off-campus studies students studying in Italy

Study abroad for a semester or for a year, honing your foreign language skills in a particular native language. The Department of Classical and Modern Languages creates opportunities for students to study abroad through the Foreign Language Abroad Program (FLAP). You can study at institutions in countries where the native language is one of the following:

  • French
  • German
  • Japanese
  • Russian
  • Spanish

The majority of the courses you take through FLAP must be taught in that native language. You must have a 3.0 or higher GPA at the end of the term preceding the start of the program.

Curious to learn more? Contact the Department of Classical and Modern Languages faculty.