The Intramural & Wellness Program offers many events throughout the year that include yoga, aerobics, Pilates, kickboxing, and dance mix classes. Activities offered differ every year and are subject to change.
Open to all student, faculty and staff! First-come, first-served. Classes will remain open until class starts, or until maximum capacity is met.
- Zumba (Fitness program featuring movement inspired by various styles of Latin American dance) taught by Director of Health Promotions, Marcia Sisk & Assistant Director of Residence Life, Olivia Lennon. -- Monday's and Wednesday's from 4 - 5 p.m. in Dows Aerobics Room.
- Kickboxing (Form of martial arts that combines elements of karate) taught by Assistant Professor of Kinesiology, Christi Johnson. -- Tuesday's and Thursday's from 4 - 5 p.m. in the Small Multi-Sport Center Arena Racquetball Court.
- HIIT - High Intensity Interval Training (Form of interval training alternating short periods of intense exercise with less intense recovery periods) taught by Assistant Director of Residence Life, Olivia Lennon. -- Tuesday's and Thursday's from 12:15 - 12:45 p.m. in Dows Aerobics Room.
- New HIIT Tuesday's only class taught by Senior Director of the Berry Career Institute, Jodi Schafer from 4 - 5 p.m. in Dows Aerobics Room.
- Dance (Dance class performed to various genres of music from week to week) taught by Director of Intercultural Life, Hemie Collier & Assistant Director of Intercultural Life, Tiyah Western. -- Friday's from 4 - 5 p.m. in Dows Aerobics Room.
- Rotation each Block:
- Week 1: Line Dance - Wobble, shuffle, slide, step, and tootsie roll with us as we work out to some of the most popular-and some unknown-hip hop and r&b line dances like the Wobble, Cha Cha Slide, and Cupid Shuffle.
- Week 2: 80's, 90's, 2000's - Break a sweat and learn hip hop dance moves from the (80's, 90's, 2000's) to hip hop and r&b music from the era.
- Week 3: Line Dance Boot Camp - Continue learning more intense and sweat-breaking hip hop and r&b line dances like the Tootsie Roll and D-Lo Shuffle.
- Week 4: Hip-Hop HIIT - Learn hip hop dance moves while engaging in high intensity training.
- Cardio Kickboxing & Core
- 5k to Relay
- Daily Workouts in Dows
All participants must have a release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement on file (printable) and before participating in any Intramural or Wellness Activity. There is also an online option: release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement.