Creative Expression experiences are opportunities for you to explore your creative potential. Activities in this category are focused on the conceptualization and execution of creative work.
These experiences should emphasize exploring the creative process and aesthetic choices. In addition, sharing one's work is an important part of the creative process and calls upon the creator to participate in a community. Therefore, creative work should be presented, published, performed, or exhibited in some form. The learning objectives that you should meet throughout this experience are listed below.
The minimum requirement for Creative Expression experiences is 60 hours directly focused on the creative experience.
- Art Capstone courses
- Internships in a creative field
- Sustained involvement in an art interest group, such as Project Linus or the Mural project
- Performance of a major work on Music Seminar Recital
- Original student composition performed on Music Seminar Recital
- Other experiences fitting the stated goals of the category
- Art 487 - Senior Thesis, Studio Art
- Dance Concert
- LAT 205 - Roman comedy
- MUS 798 - Half Recital
- MUS 799 - Full Recital
- THE 285 - Contemporary Dance
- THE 755 - Adjunct Dance Performance
- You will learn and demonstrate a working knowledge of the tools, materials, and processes appropriate to a chosen creative field.
- You will reflect on and describe your aesthetic choices and creative process.
- You will understand and articulate your project’s position and influences within the larger creative field.
- You will consider and articulate the project's implications and influence on the audience or the larger world.
- You will explore and reflect on how your experience might be applied in future endeavors and/or on your potential for future work in a related field.
- You will develop and execute a creative project that expresses yourself and interests in a personally rewarding format.
- Describe your creative project, aesthetic choices and the process you used.
- What did you learn about the field or creative process, such as tools, planning, conceptualizing, and executing a creative project?
- What challenges, if any, did you face during this experience and how did you or could you address these challenges?
- How did you present your work, or how do you plan to do so in the future?
- How has this experience shaped your creative process and approach?
- How did you apply what you learned in the classroom to your experience?
- Create a resume entry, including the title of the position/project and 1-3 bullet points (resume style) describing your experience.