Information For Faculty and Advisors
Faculty and advisors can use Self Service to view advisee information, course schedules, class rosters, and enter grades.
The advising tab allows faculty and advisors to view information about their advisees such as their course schedule, unofficial transcript, and grades.
- Click on Manage Advisees to search for your advisees.
- Enter part of the first or last name to bring up a student (you can also fill in the full ID number)
A list of students will come up after the search. Note that currently you cannot do an empty search or click on the My Advisees on the left. This is due to a bug in the system. Sungard is working on this issue.
- Click on any of the circled options in the list. The other items work require the academic plan to be fully implemented (it is currently not fully implemented).
The classes tab allows you to view your course list, course enrollment, and grading options.
- To view your course list: click on enrollment and then click on a year.
- To view course enrollment: click on enrollment, then click on a year, and then click on the specific class.
- The grading link lets you enter and submit grades. Grades must be submitted to be finalized. Grades can only be submitted when the option is turned on at the end of the block. Click the grades link on the Classes tab to view classes. Click a year and class to go into the class to enter grades.
The Search tab allows you to view the course catalog or search the course schedule. When searching the schedule make sure to select the current academic year in the period drop down. You can find out more about search specifics on the Search Help Page.
The My Profile tab will show you Account Information and your preferred address. This includes your student ID as well as your email address.