Skype for Business
Basic tasks for Skype for Business
Skype for Business helps you stay connected to the people who are important to you via instant messaging, email, audio and video calls, persistent chat rooms, and online meetings and presentations. This article takes you through some basic Skype for Business tasks to get you started.
NOTE: Skype for Business relies on the Cornell network to create a solid connection for person to person communication. When contacting an individual outside campus, we recommend other services such as Zoom to maintain a clear, consistent experience.
Find and add a contact
- In the search box on the Contacts view of the Skype for Business main window, type a name, IM address. As you type, search results will start appearing below the search box and the tabs will change from Groups, Status, Relationships, and New:
- When you see the listing for the person you want to add, point at their picture (or picture display area).
If they are in your organization (My Contacts), and you want to add them to one of your groups, click the More Options button, and then choose either Add to Contacts List (then select one of your groups) or Add to Favorites.
If they are a Skype user, and you want to add them to one of your groups, click the Add to contacts button, then choose one of your groups or the favorites group to add them.
Send an instant message (IM)
- Find the person you want to send an instant message to. Do one of the following:
- Hover over their picture in the Contacts list and click the IM button.
- Double-click anywhere on their contact listing.
- Right-click their listing and select Send an IM.
- Type your message at bottom of the conversation window.
- (Optional) To send a file or image, do one of the following:
- Drag-and-drop a saved file into the text input area.
- Copy and paste a saved file or any image from an Office program into the text input area.
- Press PrtScn on your keyboard to capture an image directly from your screen, and then paste it into the text input area.
- Press Enter on your keyboard to send the message.
- (Optional) Add other people to the conversation by dragging their contact listing from your Contacts list into the conversation window.
Make a call
- Pause on the contact listing for the person you want to call.
- Click the Phone icon to call the contact.
Click the arrow next to the Phone icon and select another number.
Answer a call
When someone calls you, an alert pops up on your screen. Do one of the following:
- To answer the call, click anywhere on the photo area.
- Click Ignore to reject the call and send to Voice Mail.
- Click Options to take other actions:
- Send the call to Voice Mail.
- To redirect the call click Mobile or Home.
- Reply by IM instead of audio or video
- Set to Do not Disturb to reject the call and avoid other calls.
- If you get a video call, but want to answer with audio only, click Answer With Audio Only.
Share your desktop or a program
Skype for Business lets you share information on your computer in several ways:
- While in a call or chat, Click the Share Content button . Then choose one of the following:
- Share your Desktop to share the content on your desktop.
- Share a Window, and then select the specific window or document you want to share.
- Share PowerPoint Files to share a PowerPoint file.
- Your Skype for Business status changes to Presenting, and you won’t receive instant messages or calls.
- Use the sharing toolbar at the top of the screen to stop sharing, or give control to participants.