These settings include:
- Call desk phone – The desk phone attached to the extension you are currently logged with on MyPhone will be used to make the calls initiated from 3CX MyPhone. In this case the logged on user need to pick up their phone’s handset first for the called party to be called.
- Call desk phone using intercom – The desk phone attached to the extension you are currently logged with on MyPhone will be used to make the calls initiated from 3CX MyPhone. In this case, the logged on user’s phone will start a call to the called party without requiring the logged on user to pick up the phone’s handset.
- Launch 3CXPhone – The call will be initiated from 3CXPhone (requires the desktop components and 3CXPhone to be installed on the local machine)
When you initiate a call from 3CX MyPhone, 3CX PhoneSystem will dial the number for you and call your extension so that you can pick up the call. You can make calls from 3CX MyPhone in the following ways:
- Enter the number or the name in the Dial Edit box shown above.
- From the Call History tab, double click on an outbound, inbound, missed call or extension.
- Enter the number from the dial pad.
- Select a number in another application or web page and hit the hotkey (requires desktop components, and can be configured from Settings > Preferences).
- By selecting a contact in Microsoft Outlook and clicking the ‘Call Contact’ option (requires desktop components).
The following sections will discuss each one of these methods in more detail.
Enter the number or the name in the Dial Edit box
To launch a call, simply:
- Enter the number or name in the Dial Edit box and hit the ‘Dial’ button located to the right of the dial edit box.
- Alternatively enter a name present in the corporate or personal phonebook. 3CX MyPhone will try to auto-complete the name. Hit Dial to launch the call.
Double click on an outbound, inbound or missed call
To return a missed call or re-launch a previous call:
- Go to the ‘Call History’ tab.
- Double click on any entry to launch the call or
- Select an entry, right click and you can either call this number directly or edit the number.
Dial a number using the dial pad
If you prefer to use an old fashioned style dial pad:
- Go to the dial pad.
- Enter the number you wish to dial.
- Hit the Green Dial icon.
Select a number in another application or web page and hit the hotkey
3CX MyPhone allows you to select a number in another application, such as a document or a web page and hit a pre-defined hotkey to automatically dial it. This requires the desktop components installed on your computer. The Hotkey can be configured from Settings > Preferences -> Dialing section.
- Select the number that you wish to dial.
- Now hit HotKey F11 to dial the number immediately.