VPN Connection Settings
For employees with College-issued laptops, a VPN (Virtual Private Network) connection process is available. The VPN allows you remote access to the College network, which will permit functions such as shared folder access and access to applications otherwise only accessible from on campus due to licensing constraints.
The VPN solution is called GlobalProtect and in most cases should already be installed on your College-issued laptop. Currently, GlobalProtect is available only for College-owned systems. Instructions are available for both Windows and Mac systems. If you have any problems getting connected, please contact Information Technology staff or open a work order.
On a Windows system, if the application is running already, it will appear in the notification area of your computer (near the clock). If the application isn't already running, launch it from Start Menu > All Programs > Palo Alto Networks > Global Protect.
To connect GlobalPProtect:
- Click the GlobalProtect icon from the taskbar
- If you're prompted for a portal, input vpn.cornellcollege.edu
- Click the Connect button
- If prompted for credentials, input your Cornell College username and password
- GlobalProtect will connect.
- The GlobalProtect window may be closed; it will continue running in the background
- When finished working, click the GlobalProtect application icon and choose Disconnect
On a Mac, GlobalProtect will show up in the title bar of your system. If it's not there, you can launch it from Applications > GlobalProtect
To connect GlobalProtect:
- Click the application icon and choose Connect
- If you are prompted for a portal, input vpn.cornellcollege.edu
- When finished working click the application icon and choose Disconnect