Meditation & More
Meditation, contemplative prayer, energy work, & other mind-body-spirit practices
- Join us on Fridays at 11:15 a.m. to noon in Allee Chapel (except Block Breaks--See Block Calender for schedule).
- Relieve stress while boosting emotional stability, inner calm, self-compassion, and ability to spread feelings of peace to those around you.
- Includes seated and gentle movement based practices as well as breath work, energy medicine, and spiritual wisdom from the healing arts and Eastern and Western contemplative traditions.
- We end most sessions with compassion meditation for personal, national, and global peace.
- Led by the Chaplain/certified meditation instructor.
YOGA! Come for calm, ease, vitality, and peace
- This breath and energy focused class is on Tuesdays in Shaw (Thomas Commons).
- Arrive no later than 3:20 p.m. (Space is limited).
- Sign in, grab a mat and blanket from the Fitness Room (you'll need your campus ID), set up your space, fill out the pre-yoga practice self-reflection, center, and be ready to begin before 3:30 p.m.
- The 4th Tuesday of each Block features Yoga Nidra, a reclined practice which can aid you before finals with deeper relaxation, effortless, and actualizing your personal goals (you may want to bring a pillow and a sweatshirt).
- While the class is primarily for students, staff are welcome.
- Please email the required signed waiver to firstname.lastname@example.org before you arrive, or bring it with you to practice.
- Classes are led by certified yoga instructors Catherine Quehl-Engel and Rachel Henry.
- Questions? Email email@example.com or call x4402.
- Sponsored by the Offices of Health, Counseling, and Chaplain & Spiritual Life
Consciously Living As Instruments of Healing Peace and Deep Abiding meditation programs are available in alternating years.