Applying as a Transfer Student
Welcome to Cornell! We’re glad you’re thinking of transferring here.
What credit will transfer?
If you want to know what academic credits will transfer to Cornell, we can provide a preliminary evaluation. Send us your unofficial transcript and your proposed major(s). If you’re ready for your preliminary evaluation, contact Sharon Grice.
Scholarships and awards for transfer students
When you apply to Cornell, we use your application for admission to award transfer merit-based academic scholarships—no extra paperwork needed. (You're welcome.) Want to see what scholarships we offer? (Remember, you may qualify for additional financial aid so don’t forget to file your FAFSA.)
If you want priority consideration for our transfer scholarships and for admission, apply early—no later than March 1. Missing the deadline for priority consideration does not mean you won't be awarded any scholarships. We still accept applications and award scholarships for fall transfer students who apply by our regular decision application deadline of June 1.
The Admission Office will continue to accept late applications on a space-available basis after the stated application deadlines. Enrollment is completed by sending a $300 deposit, postmarked by the deposit deadline. Deposits are non-refundable after May 1.
|Application Deadline||Deposit Deadline|
|Fall Transfers - Priority Decision||March 1||May 1|
|Fall Transfers - Regular Decision||June 1||Aug. 1|
|Spring Transfers||Dec. 1||Dec. 15|
Note: The Spring Term option is not available to international students transferring from schools outside the U.S.
- Complete the Cornell application or the Common Application
- Have your college registrar office submit your official college transcript
- Complete your personal essay
If you have fewer than 24 college credits:
- Have your high school counselor submit your official high school transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit your ACT or SAT scores, which may be listed on your transcript. If not, you'll need to request an official copy from the testing agency.
- Cornell College ACT code: 1296
- Cornell College SAT code: 6119