Class of 2018 by the numbers
(as of June 9, 2014)
|Middle 50% GPA: 3.06-3.88||31 states and 7 countries represented|
|Middle 50% ACT: 23-29||25% students of color|
|Middle 50% SAT: 1023-1315||14% first generation college students|
Interests & achievements
The class of 2018 includes:
- Two University of Iowa Young Writer’s Studio alumni.
- A guest columnist for USA Today.
- A Science Olympian.
- A former Minnesota Youth in Government floor leader.
- The co-founder of Voice-Up, an anti-bullying group.
- The leader of a campaign to end single-use plastic bags in her hometown.
- An iPhone app developer.
- A three-time robotics team state championship competitor.
- A counselor at Lego camps for young engineers.
- A Carolyn Cox Humanitarian Award recipient.
- A member of the Sign Language Honor Society.
- A knitter who knits hats for newborns.
- A member of the Young Doctor’s League.
- Two bagpipe players.
- A barefoot skier.
- A trapeze artist.
- A fencer.
- A state champion wrestler.
- A third-generation Cornellian.
- A fifth-generation Cornellian.
In the class of 2018:
- 48% completed community service.
- 19% participated in National Honor Society.
- 1/3 are future Cornell athletes.