Gray box tutorial
This tutorial is designed for creating a gray box.
Step 1: Create a folder:
- Log in to the cms server : http://cms.cornellcollege.edu
- Choose the appopriate root folder on the left navigation bar
So if you want to make a new folder for the web team then choose Base Folder/ public/webteam
If you do not have a base folder then go to public and make a new folder (New->Folder)
- On the Cascade Server tool bar choose:
Step 2: Name the new folder:
- To name the new folder click in the system name box.
- Then you want to type gb- to create the gray box.
So if you want to make a gray box for student orgs then the system name would be gb-student-orgs.
Also in the display name you would type Student Orgs for this example.
Step 4: Submit
- After you're done making your new gray box folder. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on the "submit" button
- Remember: if you jump into a different page or close the cascade window, all your work that was not-submitted WILL be lost so make sure you submitted your work frequently.
- To publish your folder click on the "Publish" tab on the top.
- Remember: A gray box will not work within folders of folders. For example, it will work for /webteam, but not /webteam/cms-training.
Step 5: Create an Index
- Create a new standard page within the gb folder (for information on how to do so, click here)
- Make sure to set the new page's System Name as "index"
- Submit and publish the index.