Creating the Form
- Go to the folder where you want the page.
- Go to New -> Advanced Pages -> Form on the CMS menu bar.
The Inline Metadata, (Display Name, Title) and Default (Heading, Content) are all shown before the form. The Content section after Form Settings, Form Settings - Advanced Settings, and Form Item will be shown after the form.
- Email Recipient - Who the form's information will be sent to. - use a semicolon to separate email addresses.
- Email From - Who the form's information will be sent from. This should be left as firstname.lastname@example.org unless instructed otherwise.
- Email Subject - The subject of the email with the form's information.
- Show Reset Button - If checked will show a reset button next to the "submit" button.
- Submit Button Text - Text shown in the "submit" button.
Form Settings - Advanced Settings
- Redirect - The page the form will go to after the form is submitted. (If blank, will show a standard email sent page)
- Database Config - If the data is to be sent to a database, Contact IT for Assistance at Extension 4357.
- Preprocessor - A process that runs before the form is submitted.
- Message Template - A page that will be added to the message on the form processor page.
- Upload Folder - The folder name where uploads should go, Contact IT for Assistance at Extension 4357.
- Require Login - Requires the User to login before submitting, can still be viewed before loggin in.
- Send Email to Submittor - Sends an email to the submittor when the form is completed. Requires a field whose field name is "email_to".
- Disable Email - Does NOT send an EmailAction.
- Action - Leave as [formmail] unless told otherwise by IT.
- [+] [-] - Adds and removes form items.
- [^] [v] - Moves the form item up or down in the form.
- Type - The type of field the item will be. (Text, Textarea, Dropdown, Checkbox, Radio, etc.)
- Name - What will be shown in the form.
- Field Name - What will be shown in the email. (If blank, will show Name)
- Size - Size of the input field.
- Max Length - Maximum number of characters user is allowed to input.
- Class - Leave blank unless instructed otherwise.
- Columns - How many columns a dropdown menu will have.
- Default Value - What will be in the Input field by default.
- Value - Options available for dropdowns, chack box, and radio.
- New Lines - Shows the options on different lines.
- Required Field - Makes the fields required.