For file management, it is good idea to “Define Site”.
With DreamWeaver open go to the menu bar and click
- Site>Manage Sites>New>Site
- Click on the Advanced Tab
- Enter the following information:
- Site name: type the site name of your choosing
- Local Root Folder: \\people\people\username (such as \\people\people\bdole)
- Back slash key ( \ ) is located near [Backspace] key
- Default Images Folder: \\people\people\folder\images (such as \\people\people\bdole\images)
- HTTP Address: http://people.cornellcollege.edu/username (such as http://people.cornellcollege.edu/bdole)
Deselect (uncheck) “Enable Cache” check box.
- Click on [OK]. Click on [Done].
Your site map should show up in in the Folder List at the right.
You will set up a Dreamweaver FTP site to access your site from home. You will need a copy of Dreamweaver MX and an internet connection.
1. Open Dreamweaver and go to Site, then select the Manage Sites tab.
2. Click New and choose FTP/RDS server.
3. You will get a message about not being able to perform sitewide operations. Read the message and click OK.
4. Fill out the Configure Server box as below. Use your user name and password.*** For personal sites you would use
ftp-people.cornellcollege.edu as the host and enter your user name in the home directory. For example,cornell-college\j-doe or for faculty cornell-college\tjefferson.
5. You are now connected!