Apply to Cornell
Whether you’re applying to Cornell as a first-year or a transfer student, the process is straightforward. If you’re an international student, there are a few additional steps. We hope you’ll agree the required application materials are comprehensive and meaningful.
- First, submit the preliminary application (optional but encouraged). This pre-application lets us know you’re interested, and it’s quick and easy to complete online.
- Next, choose your schedule. If you’re applying for Early Action, for example, your deadline is December 1. The regular admission deadline is February 1. Check admission deadlines and application plans for first-year students and transfer students.
- Then, submit the full application. Submitting our full application includes completing the Common Application and the Common Application Supplement (pdf).
- Ask your school counselor to complete the School Report form. If you’re a transfer student, ask your dean to complete the Dean’s Reference Form. (These forms are included in the application.)
- Request that a transcript be sent from your high school and any college you have attended.
- Submit the results of the SAT or the ACT. Cornell’s SAT code is 6119, and our ACT code is 1296. SAT II tests are not required but will be considered if taken.
- Submit a recommendation from a teacher (optional). You are encouraged, but not required, to have a teacher from your junior or senior year submit a letter of recommendation.