OC Signs: The OC can be used to advertise events or meeting an organization is sponsoring.
- Paper is provided on the lower level of the Thomas Commons behind the stairs. Markers and paints are available for check out from the Information Desk.
- Signs must be approved by the Information Desk and stamped before being hung. Signs must include the sponsor (group or office), contact information, and an appropriate message. Signs may not hang past 72”.
- All signs will remain posted for one week or until the event is over, whichever comes first. Pre-made signs for organizations meeting once a week may remain posted indefinitely upon approval the Facilities Coordinator, and/or the Director of Student Activities.
- Each student organization is allowed to hang two signs simultaneously on the OC. One double sign=two signs on the OC. Birthday signs can only be hung for one day
Permanent OC Signs: Groups are allowed to purchase signs that are permanent white board or other materials to hang on the OC. The following rules apply
- Information must be kept up to date if the information is more than a week old the sign will be removed. After 3 violations of this rule the sign will not be allowed back up.
- Permanent signs may not be hung on the wall facing the stairs.
- All signs must be removed at the end of the year and stored by the organization. Any signs left at the end of the year will be removed. It cannot be guaranteed that the sign is not lost nor the condition it is returned in.
- We reserve the right to remove any signs that are deemed in poor condition.
- There will be times during the school year when we reserve the right to temporarily remove your sign. (For example: during Student Symposium)
Four Squares/Student Gateway: Students may request to advertise on the four squares. Ad requests can be submitted by visiting the Student Gateway and clicking ‘Submit Your Ad’ on the left. If interested, plan ahead. The squares fill up quickly and all submissions must be turned in at least a week in advance to your requested posting date.
Kiosks: Kiosks may be painted to advertise for an event. There is no official method of reserving the kiosks. Organizations must provide their own paint.
The Rock: Students may paint the rock in order to advertise events. It is currently located near the back entrance of Old Sem facing the Library. Organizations must provide their own paint.
Table Tents: Table tents are on each table in Scramble. In order to request permission to advertise go to the Information Desk to fill out a request form. Depending on availability, your group’s advertisement will go up for one week. The group is not responsible for putting up or taking down the table tents
Flyers/Posters: Flyers may be hung in buildings across campus. Regulations of each building are different and should be checked before hanging flyers. Groups may hang up to 6 flyers in the Thomas Commons and they must be approved by the Information Desk (following the same regulations as OC signs). Signs hung in the Library require approval from their staff. Academic buildings and residence halls have their own policies. Consult with AD staff in Residence Life or those working in academic buildings
Sidewalk Chalking: Students may chalk sidewalks around campus as a way of advertisement. Organizations must provide their own sidewalk chalk
All Campus Mailing: In order to distribute a mailing to all students through campus mail it must be approved by the Associate Dean of Students/Director of Student Life
Using the Cornell logo: The official Cornell College logo can be found on the Office of Marketing and Communications website. A list of policies and standards for use of the logo can also be found here
Today@Cornell: See the Master Calendar section for how to post events on Today@Cornell.