Section 8.5: Door Decorations
Door decorations can make a big difference in making students feel welcome and appreciated. Here are some things to consider:
- Make the names easy to read.
- If you can’t write clearly and neatly, use stencils or adhesive letters.
- Choose a theme and make a variety of door decs to fit the theme.
- Don’t be afraid to incorporate what you know about residents into their door decs.
- Be creative and fun!
Along with the good, there will be the bad. Here are some things to avoid:
- Write the names with the shape tilted correctly.
- Avoid using nicknames. Students won’t learn each others names and in the event of a duty incident, it can delay identifying the student(s).
- Avoid door decs that lack creativity. Stamping out a dozen generic door decs of the same simple shape uses little effort and doesn’t really add much to your floor.