Section 6.7: Lockouts
Residents can occasionally become locked out of their rooms for a variety of reasons. If a resident approaches you asking to be let back into their room please follow the steps below:
- Please be sure to let the student know there is a charge for lockouts that will be added to their student account. Under no circumstances should you collect money for this charge. *
- Verify the student’s identity and room assignment (this may require you to check their ID and the hall roster)
- Proceed to get the building’s master key
- When you arrive at the room be sure to knock and announce yourself as an RA.
- Once you’ve verified the room is empty unlock the door
- Ask the resident to find and show you their key to ensure they have it
- If the resident has lost their key make sure to notify them of the key replacement policy and inform your ADRL as soon as possible
- Return the master key to the RA office
- Note the student’s name and ID number on the lock out sheet
* There is a grace period during the early part of Block One where a student's first lockout will be completed free of charge.