*** The following information is for the 2014-2015 academic year and is for reference purposes only. It will be updated early in second semester for the 2015-2016 academic year. ***
This information is for current Cornell students only. If you are an incoming new or transfer student, you will complete your housing preference form as a part of your admissions process to the College; you can contact your admission counselor if you have any questions.
About room selection
Every student is required to go through some form of room selection (even those interested in living off campus or commuting from home). To help any of you who may be interested in exploring several housing options, we have intentionally spaced the various parts of the process throughout all of second semester. We encourage you to watch your e-mail and this website for updates, timelines, expectations, etc.
All students living on campus or off campus through the off-campus lottery are required to participate in the College's meal plan. Some living options allow students to be on the partial meal plan; those lottery forms request students to select their preferred meal plan for that living environment only. Any student not able to secure a space in a lottery that allows a partial meal plan will be expected to participate in the full meal plan. Refer to information on meal plans for complete meal plan requirements.
Residence Life recognizes that traditional housing options do not meet all students' needs, in particular regarding a student's gender identity or gender expression. Learn more about all-gender housing options.
Students gone part or all of fall semester
Students on trips Blocks 1 and 2 will be allowed to participate in Room Selection (students choosing a room will be responsible for room charges even if they have not moved in). Students on trips the entire first semester should not participate in any Room Selection activities. They will be assigned housing prior to their second semester return.
Intent to withdraw
Students who do not intend to return to Cornell College next fall are not eligible to participate in any room selection activities (including resident assistant selection, Living & Learning selection and suites and apartments lotteries). Students intending to withdraw must contact the Dean of Students Office no later than WEDNESDAY, MARCH 19. Students who notify the Deans Office by the deadline will be eligible for a refund of their enrollment deposit (less any charges owed the College). Students may contact the Dean of Students Office at (319) 895-4234 or contact our office. Refer to Business Services' information on enrollment deposits for more details.
Frequently asked questions
- Each year the Dean of Students allows a portion of the senior class to live off campus through participation in a lottery. Students interested in living off campus for 2014-2015 should refer to the off-campus lottery information. Students who meet one or more of the College's off-campus housing criteria should refer to the information about off-campus housing.
Living and Learning Communities
- Students interested in applying for a Living and Learning Community charter should attend an informational session. Refer to the living learning communities information for details.
Apartments and suites
- Students should refer to the information on suites and apartments for details on living in Russell Hall, New Hall, 10th Avenue Apartments or Wilch Apartments.
- Students should refer to information the Sleep Inn for details on living there.
All other housing options
- For singles, doubles, triples and quads in all other buildings, refer to the information on general room draw.