Cornell’s Living Learning Communities give students an opportunity to be an engaged participant in their residential and educational experience. Established in 2001 the Living and Learning Communities continue to promote student learning through LLC members residential programs and engagement.
Each year the Living and Learning Communities are asked to submit a charter to the Living and Learning Council. These charters include a statement of purpose, member statements, and a schedule of proposed service/community engagement and educational programs for the coming year.
The charter for each group is reviewed by their peers, members of the Living and Learning Selection Committee and the Office of Residence Life before being accepted. These charters serve as the guidelines for each community's activities for the school year.
The 2015-2016 Charter is now available. However, it is important to note that any proposals submitted by any group(s) that do not follow the time line (beginning with the mandatory information sessions) may be discarded and not considered for acceptance during the selection process.
Selection Timeline for 2015-2016 Communities
The information session is mandatory for those groups interested in applying for a Living & Learning Community charter. Sessions will last approximately one hour. Groups only need to attend one session and must have at least one person present to gather the information.
- Monday, February 16 at 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. in Ringer
- Monday, February 16 at 5:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. in Athens
Charter Review Session
The charter process will be reviewed. The session will last approximately 30 minutes. All 2015-2016 Charter changes will be discussed.
- Tuesday, February 17 from 5:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. in MLK
Charter Review - Q & A
For LLC groups interested to ask specific questions regarding their LLC and the charter process. 30 minutes session will be available. Sign up here: http://goo.gl/whhv85
- Sessions will be in MLK
- Electronic copy due Thursday, February 26 by 11:59 p.m. to Coordinator of Living & Learning Communities Quinneka Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday, February 27 - Monday, March 2. Contact the Coordinator of Living & Learning Communities to schedule a 20 minute timeslot for your group.
Notification of Status
- Tuesday, March 3 at 9 a.m. via e-mail
Declaration of Acceptance
- Wednesday, March 4 by 11:59 p.m. via e-mail
Housing & Expectation Meeting
- Tuesday, March 17 at 5 p.m. in Stoner House