*** The following information is for the 2014-2015 academic year and is for reference purposes only. It will be updated during late first semester for the 2015-2016 academic year. ***
Each year the Living and Learning Communities are asked to submit a charter to the Living and Learning Council. These charters include a statement of purpose, member statements, and a schedule of proposed service opportunities and educational programs for the coming year.
The charter for each group is reviewed by their peers, members of the Living and Learning Selection Committee and the Office of Residence Life before being accepted. These charters serve as the guidelines for each community's activities for the school year.
The 2014-2015 Charter Proposal (Word Document) is now available. However, it is important to note that any proposals submitted by any group(s) that do not follow the time line (beginning with the mandatory information sessions) may be discarded and not considered for acceptance during the selection process.
Selection Timeline for 2014-2015 Communities (updated January 21, 2014)
The information session is mandatory for those groups interested in applying for a Living & Learning Community charter. Sessions will last approximately one hour. Groups only need to attend one session and must have at least one person present to gather the information.
- Tuesday, December 10 at 3:30 p.m. in Hedges
- Monday, December 16 at 11:15 a.m. in Hedges
- Wednesday, January 15 at 7 p.m. in Hedges
Charter Review Session
- Tuesday, January 21 from 2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. in Thomas Commons Meeting Room 12
- Printed copy due on Friday, January 24 by 4 p.m. at the Residence Life Office in Old Sem
- Monday, January 27 - Tuesday, February 4. Contact the Coordinator of Living & Learning Communities to schedule a 20 minute timeslot for your group
Notification of Status
- Thursday, February 6 at noon via e-mail
Declaration of Acceptance
- Friday, February 7 by 4 p.m. via e-mail
Housing & Expectation Meeting
- Sunday, February 9 at 7 p.m. in Hedges