Pfeiffer Hall (1930)
Pfeiffer Hall was made possible by the generosity of Henry and Anna Merner Pfeiffer (see Merner Hall). In February 1941, a new wing was opened to provide additional rooms. Pfeiffer was a women's residence hall until 1978, when it became coed. Pfeiffer was closed until 6th Block of the 2008-2009 Academic Year for extensive renovations.
Located at the center of the “tri-hall area” and overlooking the Cedar River Valley, Pfeiffer is home to approximately 160 men and women and includes co-ed floors where rooms alternate men and women. Pfeiffer Hall is extremely social and houses a diverse group of students. At any given time you are likely to find Pfeiffer residents congregated in the floor lounge or in the main lounge playing board games, singing along to someone’s guitar or telling ghost stories (especially those about the attic). Pfeiffer residents take great pride in their building and in the comfortable community atmosphere that exists here. The main lounge is the most spacious on campus and is host to regular meetings of various student groups. Pfeiffer also has a academic classroom and a conference room available for student use.
Photos of Pfeiffer