Membership InformationThe National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH) was established to recognize outstanding students who live on campus in the residence halls. Members are selected on the basis of their dedication, efforts, and commitment toward improving residence life on campus. At Cornell College, NRHH is committed to being an active chapter in recognizing and celebrating students, programs, and professional staff around campus.
NRHH is a nationally recognized organization affiliated with the National Association of College and University Residence Halls (visit NACURH's website for more details). Members of NRHH receive a certificate and pin signifying their honor as well as the recognition for the efforts that they put forth to improve on-campus living for students.
The selection process is flexible; allowing students who have made significant contributions to a hall, suite, or floor to be considered as well as those who are recognized leaders. However, membership is limited to the top 1% of the total population of residence hall students.
- Have resided on campus for at least one semester prior to applying.
- Have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA and semester GPA.
- Have exhibited outstanding leadership and service to the Cornell College Community.
- Provide the name of a current Cornell faculty of staff member whom the selection committee may contact for information on your potential contributions to the organization.
- Submit the application by the required deadline.
Active members are required to attend two NRHH meetings a block and also participate in the planning of NRHH activities across campus. Members will also be asked to check their e-mail to stay up to date about events that are taking place on campus.
Timeline of recruitment
|Nov. 25, 2013||Applications available|
|Dec. 2, 2013||NRHH meet and greet on the Orange Carpet- "Get Juiced", OC in the Thomas Commons, 5 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
|Dec. 13, 2013||Applications due by 5 p.m.|
|Jan. 19, 2014||NRHH Induction Ceremony (mandatory for all members). Location to be determined.|
Questions or more information
- Membership Co-Chairs: Wint Hnin and Leanna Doyle
- National Residence Hall Honorary Advisor: Justin Gohdes
Complete an online application for membership to the National Residence Hall Honorary. Applications are due by 5 p.m. on December 13, 2013.