Academic Plan Instructions - Spring Registration
The Academic Plan is a tool to assist advisors and students in determining the progress toward completion of BA General Education Requirements. The official requirements can be found in the catalogue. You man also still use the checklists for BA Requirements and Majors and Minors. Although the name of your major is listed, the plan does not track progress toward major requirements at this time. Majors and Minors will be added in the near future. This feature is now available to students and Advisors on Self-Service.
The system may show a “matriculation date” different from the year you entered Cornell. Your actual entry date was used to create your plan.
FYS will be listed with 0 classes and credits required in the event that the student: 1) registered for a FYS but did not pass it or 2) transferred in and was not required to take a FYS course.
The Registrar’s Office “Customizes” each student’s plan as necessary. Writing courses, interdisciplinary courses, and all First Year Seminar courses are customized. If a “passed” course is listed in the unassigned section but it has a (W) at the end of the title, you can be assured that the writing requirement has been met but the customization has not been completed yet. If a “passed” course is listed in the unassigned section but it has a (FYS) at the end of the title, you can be assured that the First Year Seminar requirement has been met but the customization has not been completed yet.
Be sure to pay attention to Pending courses. Classes are selected by the system in order they are listed in the plan; when a course is found that fills the requirement it stops looking. This can cause a pending Biology course to be selected to fill the science requirement instead of a Chemistry course which was completed earlier in the year. If the student drops the Biology course, the system would continue down the list and find the Chemistry course and show that the requirement has been completed.
- Sign in to Self-Service.
- Select the Register tab.
- Select Academic Plan in the bar below the tabs.
- If you have made multiple major/minor declarations, select your primary major. At present only the primary major contains the academic plan for general education requirements. More data will be offered in the future.
- Sign in to Self-Service.
- Select My Advisees.
- Select the student you are working with.
- Click on Academic Plan from the drop down list. Academic Plans are only available for your primary advisees at this time.
- If the student has made multiple major/minor declarations, select the one you want to view. At present only the primary major is available and it only contains the general education requirements. More data will be offered in the future.