Cornell College, in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 as amended (FERPA), protects the confidentiality of student records and the individual student’s right to privacy.
Tools for students
- Verify contact information or update release permissions and relationships (i.e., who are your parents in Cornell’s official records)
- You may share your grades securely with others via email. Read full instructions on using this service.
- To authorize release of records to your parent/spouse/guardian, or to revoke such release, go to the Registrar’s Desk in Old Sem.
Tools for faculty/staff
- Student FERPA Release Status
- Procedure to authenticate the identity of callers: Coming Soon
- The Registrar has training materials available and can work with you to develop a training that meets your specific needs (Student Affairs staff, faculty, etc.)
- Online training for faculty, staff, and student workers: Start Here