WHY take the course?
- National security is threatened by terrorism as well as by the organizations
that support and sponsor it. However, larger concerns than terrorism
are at stake. They include:
- The liberal arts raise fundamental questions about global security.
- The art of politics raises general questions about U.S. national
security in a global setting.
- U.S. national security policy responds to specific security concerns
at the edges of U.S. authority.
- The course satisfies one of the international relations-comparative
politics distribution requirements for students majoring in politics.
- It counts as a course for graduation.
- Politics 340 may be used for senior assessment.