Engineering Sciences Degree Requirements
This information is intended to reflect current program offerings. For official requirements and more information, current students should refer to the academic catalogue and major/minor checklist in effect at the time of their degree declaration.
Engineering sciences major requirements
A minimum of 16 course credits, including 12 core courses in engineering, mathematics, physics, chemistry and computer science; three upper-level electives in engineering; and a final capstone project.
- MAT 119-120 (Calculus of a Single Variable Part I and II) or MAT 121 (Calculus of a Single Variable)
- MAT 122 (Calculus of Several Variables)
- MAT 221 (Linear Algebra)
- MAT 236 (Differential Equations)
- PHY 161 (General Physics I)
- PHY 162 (General Physics II)
- CHE 121 (Chemical Principles I) or CHE 161 (Accelerated General Chemistry)
- CSC 140 (Foundations of Computer Science)
- EGR 131 (Introduction to Engineering Design)
- EGR 231 (Engineering Mechanics)
- EGR 271 (Engineering Thermodynamics)
- EGR 311 (Engineering Circuits)
- Three additional 300-level engineering sciences electives chosen from the list below.
- EGR 385 (Engineering Design Project)
Engineering sciences electives
- EGR 331 (Engineering Materials)
- EGR 336 (Topics in Engineering)
- EGR 346 (Fluid Mechanics)
- EGR 361 (Signals and Systems Analysis)