Our outcomes speak volumes
Economists point out that finishing your degree on time is a key financial factor in college choice. It’s about entering the job market and earning a living instead of spending additional years in school paying tuition. Our graduates also have remarkable success getting into and completing graduate and professional schools.
- 95% of 2014 graduates completed their degrees within four years
- 58% finish with a major and minor or double major
- 55% of graduates go on to complete an advanced degree
- 100% law school acceptance rate compared to the national average of 84% (2011-2013)
- 77.6% medical school acceptance rate compared to the national average of 42% (2006-2013)
We help you excel from your very first day
With small class sizes and a strong campus community, you’ll develop close relationships with faculty and others on campus, including our student life staff, work study supervisors, coaches, and program directors. The letters of recommendation that result from these relationships often make the difference between good post-graduate opportunities and great ones.
Rare for smaller colleges, Cornell provides full-time staff to advise pre-med, pre-MBA, and pre-law students. And our students frequently engage in serious undergraduate research that prepares them well for postgraduate laboratory and library experiences.
We’re proud to be one of the best
Our distinctive One Course At A Time curriculum offers an immersive way to learn and fosters strong one-on-one relationships between faculty and students. We provide a great value, and others are noticing.
- Top tier U.S. News 2013 national liberal arts colleges
- Kiplinger’s 2014 "best values in private colleges"
- 1 of 40 "Colleges That Change Lives", every edition since 1996
- #63 among 224 selective colleges considered “Affordable Elite Colleges” by Washington Monthly
- 1 of 25 2013 "colleges with the best professors" (Center for College Affordability and Productivity)
- 1 of 18 2013 "best dining halls in the nation" (bestcolleges.com)
So, what makes Cornell such an exceptional investment?
Well, for starters, we offer a more enriching and exciting way to learn.
Cornell offers a challenging and adventurous academic experience—one distinguished by our distinctive One Course At A Time curriculum, which allows our students to do things they simply can’t do at other colleges and universities. You’ll be able to pursue life-changing internships, off-campus study, research, leadership positions, and volunteer opportunities anywhere in the world without missing other classes.
What our graduates say
Cornell is education at the speed of life. Our graduates report that the One Course calendar readies them for the fast pace and intensity of the real world. Many tell us that they immediately stand out from their peers in their ability to focus, complete tasks efficiently and effectively, and balance competing priorities in the same way they’ve done for four years at Cornell.
“Medical schools are now more aware of the value of a liberal arts background, one that provides a solid science background while also emphasizing the importance of writing, cultural awareness, service, and having a variety of interests. Cornell taught me those skills long before I decided to become a doctor. The diversity of my experiences at Cornell has made me a better and more well-rounded physician.”
Jamie Wallace Smith '05, family physician in her hometown of Mount Vernon, Iowa.