Materials for Faculty
Overview of Services
Writing consultant Laura Farmer can work with you in any class in which students write. Specifically, we can
- visit your class to conduct mini-lessons and workshops on any aspect of the writing process (drafting a thesis statement, using evidence, etc.)
- visit your class to introduce students to Studio services
- meet one-on-one with students to discuss their papers or writing in general
- facilitate peer workshops in class or in the Writing Studio
- provide grammar instruction for interested ESL/EFL students
- consult with you about writing assignments
Please visit the "Materials for Students" section of this website for more information about our service offerings for students
Guidelines for Working with Consultants
- contact consultants early--preferably before a given block begins--to discuss course plans and to arrange for instruction, workshop facilitation, etc.
- provide consultants with assignment descriptions, syllabi, and other relevant documentation
- meet with consultants to discuss expectations, class demographic, etc.