Cornell College is one of three schools in the state of Iowa to have an undergraduate chapter of the Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International. Chartered in 2005, the pre-law chapter allows students to learn about the legal profession, practice professional skills such as networking and dining etiquette, engage in community service, and develop a fraternal bond with fellow chapter members.
Activities of the Cornell College pre-law chapter have included:
- Creation of the bi-monthly "Lunch with a Lawyer" program
- Co-sponsorship of the "Networking for the Legal Profession" workshop
- Attendance at Inns of Court
- Co-sponsorship of the What (Not) To Wear fashion show with the Business Interest Group
- Co-sponsorship of the Malpractice Social with the Health Professions Society
- Fundraising for Special Olympics Iowa's Polar Plunge
- Completing community service by adopting a highway
- Hosting showings of "The Paper Chase" and "Legally Blonde"
- Coordinating chapter dinners in Cedar Rapids and barbecues around Mount Vernon
- Co-sponsorship of annual Constitution Day activities