Connecting Windows 7 to Wireless
Cornell has two wireless networks, “CornellWireless”, and “CornellGuest”. The CornellWireless network is intended for students, faculty and staff. It gives Cornell users access to all standard resources such as email, networked applications, printing, file shares and Internet browsing. CornellGuest is to be used by people who do not have a Cornell user name and password. It does not have access to printing, applications or file shares and is very limited in bandwidth.
Connecting to CornellWireless With Windows 7
- Open Network and Sharing Center
- Select Manage Wireless Settings
- Click Add - Manually create a network profile
- Enter the following information
- Select Change Settings
- Select the Security Tab and then select settings
- Uncheck Validate Server Certificate
- Click Configure
- Uncheck Automatically use my windows logon name and password
- Select OK and look for a pop-up screen on the lower right-hand side of the screen
- Input your email address and password.
If you have any questions about connecting your computer to the wireless network or need help installing any applications, please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at extension 4357 or submit a Work Order Request and our staff will assist you as soon as possible.