Connecting to a Network Printer
Follow these instructions to connect to a campus pooled printer using Windows. You must have your student ID to use the Xerox MFPs.
Create Shortcut to Print Server
- Right-click your desktop and select new-shortcut.
- Type in \\print1 and
- Click Next
- Type a name for this shortcut: Print Server
- Click Finish
- Double-click on the new Print Server icon and you will be asked for your credentials for this server.
- Enter your username using this format: cornell-college\username
- Type in your password.
- You can optionally select - Remember my password
- Click OK to finish
Note: Whenever you restart computer, you will need to double-click the Print Server icon and enter your username/password to re-establish your connection to Cornell's print server before trying to print.
Installing a Printer
- Double-click on your newly created Print Server shortcut
- Double-click on CampusPooledMFP-Black
- Install the driver when/if it prompts.
- CampusPooledMFP-Black should now appear in your printers list
- For color prints, complete steps 1-4 using the CampusPooledMFP-Color queue. The 2 MFPs on the 3rd floor of the Library are color capable and will release jobs from both the Black and Color queues.
If you have any questions about connecting to the MFPs or need help installing any drivers, please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at extension 4357 or submit a Work Order Request and our staff will assist you as soon as possible.