Budget Vehicle Rental Procedures
- Rental vehicles are to be picked up from and returned to the Information Desk. Please do not lock keys or paperwork inside vehicle. Return keys along with your paperwork to the Info Desk.
- Smoking is prohibited for all individuals driving or riding.
- Note: The cost of gasoline is in addition to the mileage rates on rentals.
- Vehicles are not rented to individuals for personal use.
Driver Eligibility Policy:
- Everyone who drives a rental vehicle must hold a valid driver's license (without any moving violations within the past 6 months).
- A photocopy of the driver’s license(s) should be submitted five days in advance. It will be solely at the discretion of the College administrative staff if driving privileges will be granted based on a search of driver/motor vehicle records.
- Student drivers must be at least 20 years of age and must be accompanied by a member of the Cornell faculty or staff.
- All drivers will be personally responsible for any violations, fines or fees (including parking fines). These are not chargeable to the College.
In Case of an Accident:
- Authorized drivers of rental/leased vehicles have auto liability insurance coverage through the College
- Included in the packet that you received when you picked up the keys is an accident form you will need to fill out and submit when you return the keys.
- In the case of a minor vehicle problem (e.g. flat tire) you will need to make that repair yourself. Budget is not responsible for these repairs and will be part of your rental expense.
- In the event of a serious break-down (e.g., engine failure) you will contact Budget and they will tow the vehicle and make a decision about whether it can be repaired or needs
Student Group Vehicle Request Procedures:
- Students may request use of rental vehicles only with the sponsorship and financial backing of a student organization recognized and funded by Student Senate.
- The request form must be signed by a Cornell faculty or staff member (preferably the group's advisor).