Technical Services Assistant
The Russell D. Cole Library invites applications for the position of technical services assistant. Cole Library is unique in that it is a collaborative setting which serves as a public library to the Mount Vernon community, as well as a college library for the students of Cornell College. This position is responsible for the library’s acquisitions program which includes developing and maintaining operational procedures for ordering, receiving, and processing library materials. This is a year-round, part-time position working 12 hours per week. Normal work schedule is flexible, working at least 3 days per week between the normal business hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- Supervises pre-order searching, orders, and receives all library materials and supplies. Initiates correspondence relating to orders, returns, and other matters related to publishers and distributors.
- Manages standing orders program.
- Processes all acquisitions invoices for payment.
- Supervises processing of all library materials for circulation, except serials. This includes editing records on OCLC and the library’s online system.
- Maintains the acquisitions module of the library automation program; enters data and monitors funds.
- Provides assistance at the reference desk.
- Provides assistance to the systems librarian in cataloging.
- Develops a general awareness of all aspects of the library to provide at least minimal assistance in all areas of the library program.
High school diploma or equivalent required, bachelor’s degree preferred. One year of related experience, ideally in a library, is required.
Send resume, letter of application and contact information for three references to:
Vickie Farmer, Director of Human Resources
Email (preferred): email@example.com
Mail: Cornell College
Attn: Human Resources
600 First Street SW
Mount Vernon, IA 52314
Cornell is an AA/EO employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. Cornell complies with Iowa’s Smoke Free Air Act.