Coordinator, Office of International & Off-Campus Studies
Applications are being accepted for the position of Coordinator for the Office of International & Off-Campus Studies. This is a full-time, twelve month position with responsibility for coordinating the day-to-day operation of the Office of International and Off-Campus Studies. The position reports to the Faculty Director of International and Off Campus Study and provides support to students interested in participating in domestic and international off-campus courses and programs and assists faculty in developing and coordinating off-campus courses.
- Coordinate the Study Abroad Program (both Cornell-affiliated and non-Cornell-affiliated programs and courses) by publicizing opportunities to students and assisting with the application process.
- Serve as the internal liaison between the Office of International and Off-Campus Studies and the Office of the Registrar, Business Services, Office of Financial Aid, and Admissions Office; externally between interested students and program providers.
- Serve as an advisory resource for students interested in participating in block-long course trips, exchange programs, and affiliated domestic and international programs.
- Assist faculty and students with logistical arrangements (travel, housing, visas, waivers) for field trips, block-long course trips, exchange programs, and other affiliated domestic and international courses.
- Manages budgets related to Cornell off campus courses, including reconciliation of course trip income and expenses.
- Assist faculty with financial arrangements (determining program costs, collecting student fees, filing expense reimbursement requests) associated with field trips, block-long course trips, exchange programs, and other affiliated domestic and international courses.
- Organize pre-departure orientation and re-entry programs for students engaged in study abroad courses and programs, including sessions related to health and safety.
- Establish and sustain relationships with other international studies programs and third-party providers, and maintain a library of related program materials.
- Develop, disseminate, and publish application materials for scholarship opportunities. Assist in the selection of recipients for appropriate scholarships.
- Maintain communications and publications for International Studies, including the website and handbooks.
- Serve as divisional contact for College vehicle rentals for Academic Affairs.
- Provide staff support for the Associate Dean and the International Studies Oversight Committee.
College degree required with previous relevant experience with international study/travel as a student, faculty member or advisor. A background check is required.
Candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and names and contact information of three references. References will not be contacted without the candidate's approval. Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
Applications should be sent to:
Office of International & Off-Campus Studies Search Committee
℅ Vickie Farmer, Director of Human Resources
Email (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Human Resources
600 First Street SW
Mount Vernon, IA 52314
Cornell is an AA/EO employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. Cornell complies with Iowa’s Smoke Free Air Act.