The Cornell College Traditional Health Care Plan and High Deductible Health Care Plan are administered through Wellmark Blue Cross & Blue Shield and offer the AllianceSelect network. Prescription drug benefits are included with the medical insurance coverage and are administrated through CVS/Caremark.
First of the month following a benefit-eligible employee’s date of hire. When the first day of employment falls on the first day of the month, the employee is eligible to participate in the plan on that date. Employees may change their health coverage election during open enrollment that is effective with the plan year beginning January 1. In addition, employees may change their health coverage election after experiencing one of the following qualifying events: marriage, divorce, birth, adoption, death or loss of coverage elsewhere (for a complete listing, contact the Human Resources Office).
Highlights of the High Deductible Plan:
- Plan requires a deductible of $2,600 per person; $5,200 per family
- Preventative care is payable at 100%, not subject to deductible
- After deductible is met covered services are paid at 100% for the rest of the calendar year (no co-payments, no co-insurance)
Plan design differences:
- Preventive and Well-Baby Care covered at 100% under the HDHP with no calendar year limit - regardless if deductible is met
- No 4th quarter (Oct - Dec) carry-over deductible provision under the HDHP
- Colonoscopies will be covered at 100% if marked as preventative, if marked with a diagnosis code it will be subject to the deductible under the HDHP
Health Care Coverage Information:
Wellmark Blue Cross & Blue Shield Website - Register online to search for in-network doctors or hospitals, and view your personal claims information.
This summary is not intended to be a complete description of your benefits. Please consult your summary plan description and/or insurance certificate for additional details including plan limitations and exclusions. The master plan documents will prevail.