Deadline & scheduling
After being admitted to Cornell and completing a Fine Arts Scholarship Application, you will need to complete an on-campus or recorded audition by March 1.
On-campus auditions must be arranged at least two weeks in advance. Schedule your audition by contacting the admission office.
If you are not able to come to campus, you may be record your audition and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight on Mar. 1. Or you may send your recording by regular mail, postmarked by March 1 and addressed to:
Cornell College Admission Office
Fine Arts Application
600 First Street SW
Mount Vernon, IA 52314
Music audition guidelines for all students
- Perform two works of contrasting style – please refer to the guidelines for your specific instrument.
- Keep all audition materials to approximately 7 minutes of total length.
- Be prepared to perform scales.
- Understand that sight-reading may be requested.
- The following must be sent to the admission office two weeks prior to your audition date:
- Piano accompaniment for selection(s) you will be doing with our accompanist.
- Sheet music for both selections you will be performing.
Additional guidelines by instrument
We have compiled a number of additional music scholarship audition tips to help you prepare for a successful audition.