Teacher Education Application Process
To gain full admittance to the teacher education program and be allowed to take the 300 level education coursework, you need to complete the following by February 1 (with the exception of the PRAXIS) of your sophomore year. Applications will not be accepted until all materials are completed. If all materials are not completed by September of junior year, you will be withdrawn from Education courses. You will need to meet with your advisor to plan an alternative course of study. For the TEP Admission Checklist click here.
- Application for Admission Form
- Completion of 200 level courses by end of sophomore year. Two 200 level courses must be completed prior to admission. (205, 215, 230, 240)
EDU 205 Foundations of Education
EDU 215 Educational Psychology
EDU 230 Exceptional Learner
EDU 240 Human Relations
- Be in good standing with the College. (not on probation) At least a cumulative grade point of 2.5. Note: a cumulative GPA of 2.7 is required for admittance to student teaching senior year.
- Successfully complete the PRAXIS CORE ACADEMIC SKILLS FOR EDUCATORS by September 1 of junior year. The passing scores are: reading-156, writing-162 and mathematics-150. If you have not completed the Praxis Core, please state the date you will be taking it.
- Praxis applications can be found in the Education Information Center, College Hall.
- Recommendation from a professor outside of the Education Department. You are responsible for securing the recommendation before turning in materials to the Education Department.
- Attach unofficial transcript to Application for Admission