Lesson Plan for Marching Band Rehearsal on Thursday September 7, 2006
Objective: Improve forward/backward technique
1) Set the group in a block, 10 students on the 50 on orange hash marks facing court street
-Place front 10 and then have students fill in behind them
2) Call to attention, then take a knee
3) Demonstrate roll step break down
4) Forward march 16 counts
5) Demonstrate backward march technique
-students take a knee
6) Backward march 24 counts
7) Bb whole note scale. Forward on the way up, backward on the way down. Play top Bb twice.
8) Battery face home and work on crab step, everyone else work on left and right slides.
-Eb whole notes. At the top of the scale, mark time 4 to turn upper bodies back field
Were the students able to march and play the scales without hearing their feet in their sound? When we work on the show, are their shoulders square to the sidelines?
Objective: Finish/review “Love”
Materials: Rope, have circle painted on field
1) Review sets 10-13 playing (2 times)
2) set 14
-use ropes to set diags
-reverse 14-13 no play then play
3) set 15 form just moves 8-5
4) play/march 13-15 2 times
5) play/march “Love” 2 times
6) clean circle (set 10)
Were the students able to retain what the diags looked like? Were the students able to run “Love” without missing step-offs?