Admission to the Teacher Education Program
- Application filed by December 1st of the sophomore year.
- An all-college GPA of 2.5
- Official declaration of an education major
- A positive recommendation from a faculty member outside the Education Department
- Successful completion of PRAXIS™ CORE ACADEMIC SKILLS FOR EDUCATORS exams by February 1 of the sophomore year with the following minimum scores:
- Reading: 150
- Writing: 140
- Mathematics: 128
- Completion of four 200-level education courses with a combined GPA of at least 2.5 by end of 2nd year
- Acceptance by the full Education Department
- Good standing with the Office of Student Affairs
- A clean criminal record
First year students are encouraged to take the PRAXIS™ CORE ACADEMIC SKILLS FOR EDUCATORS exam in either March, April, June or July after their first year. Sophomores must take the PRAXIS™ CORE ACADEMIC SKILLS FOR EDUCATORS exam in September, November or January.
Registration for the PRAXIS™ CORE ACADEMIC SKILLS FOR EDUCATORS exam is due approximately five weeks in advance and score reports are available 4-6 weeks after the tests are taken. The registration information can be found on the ETS website. The registration fee is approximately $180.00 and is the responsibility of the Cornell student. For more information go to: http://www.ets.org/praxis