First Year Students:
1) Teacher Education will attend EDU 200 level courses to explain the Teacher Education Program application process.
2) Complete Registration
(Register for AT LEAST 2 - 200 level education courses)
3) Accommodation Evening (attend if necessary)
4) Recommend taking the PRAXIS™ CORE ACADEMIC SKILLS FOR EDUCATORS
1) Cindy Postler, Director of Teacher Education, will attend EDU 200 level classes to explain the Teacher Education Application process.
2) Complete Teacher Preparation Program Application
3) Declaration of Major
4) Successful completion of PRAXIS™ CORE ACADEMIC SKILLS FOR EDUCATORS
4) BSS Application - students MUST complete a minimum of twelve courses AFTER the BSS prospectus is approved. This should be filed before leaving campus for the summer after the sophomore year. (Transfer students admitted with senior standing must complete a minimum of six course credits).
1) Student Teaching Application found on the Education Department website
2) Meeting with Mentor Teacher before leaving for the summer.
3) Senior Check with Registrar before May 1.
Graduates speak with Cindy Postler regarding licensure application materials