- Demonstrates ability to enhance academic performance and support for and implementation of the school district's student achievement goals
- Provides evidence of student learning to students, families, and staff.
- Implements strategies supporting student, building, and district goals.
- Uses student performance data as a guide for decision making.
- Accepts and demonstrates responsibility for creating a classroom culture that supports the learning of every student.
- Creates an environment of mutual respect, rapport, and fairness.
- Participates in and contributes to a school culture that focuses on improved student learning.
- Communicates with students, families, colleagues, and communities effectively and accurately.
- Demonstrates competence in content knowledge appropriate to the teaching position
- Understands and uses key concepts, underlying themes, relationships, and different perspectives related to the content area.
- Uses knowledge of student development to make learning experiences in the content area meaningful and accessible for every student.
- Relates ideas and information within and across content areas.
- Understands and uses instructional strategies that are appropriate to the content area.
- Demonstrates competence in planning and preparation for instruction
- Uses student achievement data, local standards, and the district curriculum in planning for instruction.
- Sets and communicates high expectations for social, behavioral, and academic success of all students.
- Uses student developmental needs, background, and interests in planning for instruction.
- Selects strategies to engage all students in learning.
- Uses available resources, including technologies, in the development and sequencing of instruction.
- Uses strategies to deliver instruction that meets the multiple needs of students
- Aligns classroom instruction with local standards and district curriculum.
- Uses research-based instructional strategies that address the full range of cognitive levels.
- Demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness in adjusting instruction to meet student needs.
- Engages students in varied experiences that meet diverse needs and promote social, emotional, and academic growth.
- Connects students' prior knowledge, life experiences, and interests in the instructional process.
- Uses available resources, including technologies, in the delivery of instruction.
- Uses a variety of methods to monitor student learning
- Aligns classroom assessment with instruction.
- Communicates assessment criteria and standards to all students and parents.
- Understands and uses the results of multiple assessments to guide planning and instruction.
- Guides students in goal setting and assessing their own learning.
- Provides substantive, timely, and constructive feedback to students and parents.
- Works with other staff and building and district leadership in analysis of student's progress.
- Demonstrates competence in classroom management
- Creates a learning community that encourages positive social interaction, active engagement, and self-regulation for every student.
- Establishes, communicates, models and maintains standards of responsible student behavior.
- Develops and implements classroom procedures and routines that support high expectations for learning.
- Uses instructional time effectively to maximize student achievement.
- Creates a safe and purposeful learning environment.
- Engages in professional growth
- Demonstrates habits and skills of continuous inquiry and learning.
- Works collaboratively to improve professional practice and student learning.
- Applies research, knowledge, and skills from professional development opportunities to improve practice.
- Establishes and implements professional development plans based upon the teacher needs aligned to the Iowa Teaching Standards and district/building student achievement goals.
- Fulfills professional responsibilities established by the school district
- Adheres to board policies, district procedures, and contractual obligations.
- Demonstrates professional and ethical conduct as defined by state law and individual district policy.
- Contributes to efforts to achieve district and building goals.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and respect for all learners and staff.
- Collaborates with students, families, colleagues, and communities to enhance student learning.