Summer Research at Cornell
The Dimensions program supports collaborative faculty/student research in the sciences during summers on campus. Projects span a wide range of disciplines and topics in the natural, physical, and social sciences. All projects provide exceptional, hands-on training in all aspects of research, providing our students with critical skills necessary for success in graduate school or other laboratory settings.
Dimensions funding covers a stipend for the faculty and for the student, as well as supplies needed to support the research.
Cornell students can also obtain research experience away from the Hilltop. The following databases can be utilized to search for research opportunities at other colleges, including opportunities at medical and dental schools. You must submit an application for these experiences. Please be aware that many of these deadlines fall between December and February.
- AAMC Summer Undergraduate Research Programs
- AAMC Enrichment Programs on the Web
- WebGURU Guide To Research For Undergraduates
- Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB)
- National Science Foundation Undergraduate research experiences in these disciplines: Astronomical Sciences, Atmospheric and Geospace Sciences, Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Computer and Information Science and Engineering, Cyberinfrastructure, Department of Defense (DoD), Earth Sciences, Education and Human Resources, Engineering, Ethics and Values Studies, International Science and Engineering, Materials Research, Mathematical Sciences, Ocean Sciences, Physics, Polar Programs, Social, Behavioral, and Economic Sciences