Applications and supporting documents will be examined by the Dimensions Operations Committee. After applications are reviewed, finalists will be asked to interview with the Committee and the administrator of Operation Walk will review the applications prior to final selection. The Operations Committee includes the Associate Director of Dimensions; Barbara Christie-Pope, Professor of Biology/Dimensions Faculty Director; and three additional faculty members serving rotating annual appointments. The committee evaluates applications on the following merits:
- Work ethic and habits
- Evidence of self-direction
- Leadership experience – involvement in co-curricular activities (on or off campus) and evidence of taking responsibility for tasks and pursuing them to completion
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work under pressure and in stressful environments
- Language proficiency
- Evidence of strong communication skills
- Professional interests
- Strong performance in a substantial distribution of coursework
- Relevance of the experience to the student's academic plan and career aspirations.
References will be contacted as needed. All applicants will be notified when the final candidates are selected.