About Cornell and Our Students
About Cornell College
- Cornell College is a nationally acclaimed private liberal arts college in scenic Mount Vernon, Iowa.
- Cornell operates on a distinctive block plan calendar, known as One Course At A Time, that allows students to immerse themselves in just one academic discipline per three-and-a-half-week course term.
- The college offers 36 majors, 27 minors, and 11 pre-professional programs. Students may also design their own major.
About Our Students
- Our graduates pursue advanced degrees in medicine, law, business, or any number of graduate fields at many of the nation's finest universities.
- Cornell's student body includes approximately 1,200 men and women from 47 states and 14 nations. The top five states are Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois and Missouri.
- The college actively cultivates diversity among its student population which includes 19 percent students of color and 6 percent international students.