Questions for Feb 6th
- What is the "ethnographer's dilemma?"
- Where do you situate yourself in Richlin's chart of Optimists and
Pessimists? Be prepared to locate yourself on the chart and explain
- Be prepared to explain Lerner's argument about how the development
of archaic city states brought about changes in religious beliefs and
- How are religious beliefs tied to political and social organizations?
- What can we learn about a society's view of gender from its religious
practices, its views on creation, and the nature of it's deities?
- What can we learn about Greek views of gender and the role of women
from Hesiod's Theogony?