Iliad Study Questions:
Books 22 & 24:
- For a summary of books we're skipping, click here.
- Look at the interaction between Priam and Hektor at the beginning
of Book 22. What strikes you most about this passage?
- Compare the deaths of Patroklos and Hektor. What similarities do you
notice? How are they significant?
- Book 22 focuses quite a bit on men's bodies. What is Priam's fear
for his own body? How is Hektor's body treated by Achilleus? How is
his reaction represented? Why does Achilleus refuse Hektor's offer on
- What do you think of the interaction between Achilleus and Priam?
What effect does Priam have on Achilleus? Why do the final passages
of the Iliad revolve around Priam?
- What do you make of the ending? Who is given the final speech of the
poem? Why? What is the meaning of Zeus' jars?