AMICI Mentoring Program Takes Step Forward
Since last fall when the AMICI Mentoring Program was first
announced, six members of AMICI have generously volunteered to serve as
mentors to schools with only one Latin teacher.
New mentors and their mentees are
- Joe Cummins (Grinnell) and Vicki Campbell (Dowling);
- Carin Green (U of I) and Jane Smith (Iowa City FLES
- John Gruber-Miller (Cornell) and Jacqueline Niffenegger
- Mary Ann Harness (Valley) and Lincoln High School;
- Geoff Harrison (Loras) and Pat Burr (Bettendorf);
- Cindy Smith (Loras) and Jeannette Rowings (Rivermont).
The AMICI mentoring program is designed to
- Encourage Iowa classicists to network, especially secondary
- Support healthy Latin programs
- Ascertain the health of Latin in Iowa.
- Learn where AMICI can intervene to re-instate Latin
programs or save endangered programs.
- Promote high school teaching as a career to undergraduate
majors and graduate students.
AMICI Mentoring Program
Benefits of Latin
Calendar of Events
Contests and Scholarships
Resources for Teachers
Last Update: July 15, 2008 8:39 am