Who can vote by mail
All registered voters automatically receive a mail ballot
1. Get your mail or absentee ballot
If you’re registered at your current address by Oct 31, you’ll automatically will receive an official ballot
If you need your ballot sent to a different address, be sure to provide the different mailing address when you register to vote.
- Once you receive your ballot, follow the instructions to fill it out
- Absentee ballots must be received no later than 7 PM on Election Day, Nov 8
- Check the status of your ballot on GoVoteColorado.com
If you recently registered for the first time, you'll need to provide a photocopy of your ID along with your mail ballot. All the forms of ID that show your address must be a Colorado address in order for the form of ID to qualify.
Include one of the following:
- A Colorado driver’s license or valid ID card issued by the Colorado Department of Revenue.
- A US passport.
- An employee ID card with a photograph issued by US government, state of Colorado, or political subdivision of Colorado.