Iowa College AmeriCorps Program (ICAP)
Iowa Campus Compact is a coalition of colleges and universities dedicated to fulfilling the civic purposes of higher education. In partnership with Campus Compact, Cornell College's Civic Engagement Office offers the Iowa College AmeriCorps Program (ICAP) to engage students in long-term volunteerism in the greater Cornell community.
Who Can Join?
- A United States Citizen
- Those 17 years of age or older
- Students enrolled at Cornell College
- Those interested in serving in their community
What you get!
Member may choose to fulfill one of the following terms of service
-300 hours over the entire school year for an education award of $1,132
- 450 hours over the entire school year for an education award of $1,415
What you do!
- Recruit a minimum of 12 fellow students or community volunteers to work with you at some point during the year
- Participate in two National Service Days: MLK Jr. Day and an event during AmeriCorps Week
- Develop a local non profit's capacity to better serve the community
- Receive training in volunteer management, disaster relief, and much more!
Become an ICAP member
For the 2013-14 school year, Cornell had 23 ICAP Members and we are hoping to accept that many for the 2014-15 school year. If you are looking for a way to develop your leadership skills, deepen your public service experience, and make a positive impact in your community, consider applying for the ICAP program!
Applications are due Monday, April 7th by 5pm. The application can be found HERE.
If you have any questions, please contact the Civic Engagement Office.
Become a host site
If you are interested in serving as a host site for ICAP students, you can learn more about this exciting opportunity to connect with Cornell here.