Iowa College AmeriCorps Program (ICAP)
The Iowa Campus Compact is a coalition of colleges and universities dedicated to fulfilling the civic purposes of higher education. The Compact has created the Iowa College AmeriCorps Program (ICAP), a program that was created to increase students' volunteerism and their engagement with local communities.
The Civic Engagement Office offers ICAP in order to give Cornell students opportunities to become involved in the local communities. Participating students will have completed 300 hours of community service by the end of their academic year and can receive an educational grant.
Currently, participants that complete the 300 hours of service may receive an education award of up to $1,132. Students that complete the 450 hour program can receive up to $1,415.
What Are the Requirements to Join?
You must be:
- a United States Citizen,
- 17 years of age or older,
- enrolled at Cornell College,
- dedicated to serving your community.
What Is Expected of You as an ICAP Member?
- Complete 300 or 450 hours of service in the state of Iowa, over the course of an academic or calendar year, respectively
- Attend training sessions and meetings with your supervisor every block
- Support the programs and initiatives of the Civic Engagement Office
- Recruit and manage volunteers for your issues and programs
Become an ICAP Member!
If you are looking for a way to develop your leadership skills, deepen your public service experience, and make a positive impact in your community, you should consider applying for the ICAP program!
Applications for the upcoming (2017-2018) year’s program will be posted here! Check back here in the summer!
If you have any questions, please contact the Civic Engagement Office.
Interested in serving post graduation? Check out Degrees for the Greater Good, and stay tuned for more information on this website!
Become a Community Site!
If you are interested in serving as a community site for ICAP students, you can learn more about this exciting opportunity to connect with Cornell here.