The Chaplain & Spiritual Life office sponsors a wide variety of opportunities for spiritual growth and exploration, worship and devotion, social justice and service, as well as unity amid diversity. Check out the Religious Life events calendar for a full listing. To be on a mailing list for these and other religious life happenings, e-mail the Chaplain at e-mail address: email@example.com.
Sampler of Cornell Spiritual Life Offerings:
MEET ME AT THE PEACE POLE - 5 minutes every Tuesdays @ 8:45 a.m. Amid political and other differences we gather to pass the peace, to name in 5 words or less places in the world in need of healing, and also to name where in the past week we’ve glimpsed life’s goodness and beauty.
Rain or shine @ The Peace Pole beside Allee Chapel
MEDITATION, MINDFULNESS, & MIND-BODY-SPIRIT PRACTICES - Fridays 11:15 - noon Allee Chapel (not Block Breaks)
BE THE PEACE: 50 Day Meditation Challenge for Personal and Communal Healing
SOULfeast Bible Study & Tea with SOULfriends @ the Chaplain's Office - 1st Wed. of block @ 11:30 - noonish (3rd floor Old Sem)
SOULfeast WORSHIP w/COMMUNION (Ecumenical) - 2nd Wed. of block @ 11:30 - noonish in Allee Chapel
CATHOLIC MASS once a block in Allee (t.b.a.)
SHABBAT & OTHER JEWISH SERVICES - see Jewish Student Union webpage
SUSTAINED DIALOGUE Learning and applying international conflict resolution skills for a lifetime of citizenship and bridge building amid differences.
JUSTICE FOR OUR NEIGHBORS A monthly volunteer opportunity working with an immigration attorney to help immigrants navigate the complicated and difficult legal path toward citizenship (Sign up through Civic Engagement. Location: Lovely Lane United Methodist Church in CR).
- 9/11 Inter-Spiritual Observance for NATIONAL & GLOBAL HEALING 12:30 p.m. @ Peace Pole beside Allee Chapel.
- BE THE PEACE: U.N. International Day of Peace Compassion Meditation & Peace Cranes Sept. 21 @ 11:30, Peace Pole beside Allee Chapel and along the Ped Mall.
- UMC Bishop Trimble giving the all campus Opening Convo on Diversity & Inclusion at this difficult time in our nation's history— Sept. 22 11:10, King Chapel
- WALK THE LABYRINTH FOR SPIRITUAL HEALING & INSIGHT - Tues., Sept 27th on the OC
- ROSH HASHANAHרֹאשׁ הַשָּׁנָה with NEW YEAR MEAL & TISHLICH (Jewish tradition of self-reflection and release of sins in stream) on Chaplain's acreage with Jewish Student Union, Oct 2.
- CROP WALK for LOCAL & GLOBAL HUNGER RELIEF Oct. 2 (1:30 registration and 2 p.m. departure from the MV Presbyterian Church).
- NAVRATRI HINDU FESTIVAL DANCE on the OC Oct 1 or 11 (t.b.a.) Co-sponsored with Slick Shoes.
- CALLED TO ORDAINED MINISTRY? DISCERNMENT CONVERSATION with Vanderbilt Divinity School rep. Oct.3 @ 3:15. Location t.b.a
- HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIDE – Oct. 19th, 11:30 Sharing our stories of meaningful signs and synchronicities involving deceased loved ones and friends (Allee Chapel).
- Rwanda Genocide speaker— Nov. 15 11:10
- Self & Post-Election Day Compassion:
Inter-Spiritual Wisdom from Buddhist Perspective on Healing Fear, Frustration, & Hate. Nov. 16 11:30
- FOOD, FAITH, & CLIMATE CONTROL: Nov. 6th
MEDITATION, MINDFULNESS, & MIND-BODY-SPIRIT PRACTICES Fridays each block, 11:15-noon in Allee Chapel (not block breaks). Learning & support to start or deepen your practice. Includes:
- A more skillful relationship with anxious thoughts
- Improved psycho-physiological and spiritual wellbeing
- Mindfully living in the present moment
- Increased awareness of oneness with the Sacred and all beings
- Intentionally living as an instrument of healing peace
- Inter-spiritual healing wisdom.